Board of Governors 2014 Horticulture Exhibit Instructions
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.┬а If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Author Unknown
News & Articles
Resources & Links
- Exhibiting and Judging Club Horticulture Exhibits
- American Horticultural Society
- A Way To Garden - Margaret Roach
A former employee of Martha Stewart, Margaret writes about all aspects of gardening with a wonderful sense of humor.
- Brent and Becky's Bulbs
- Fine Gardening
- Garden Rant
Four individual bloggers joined forces to rant together: Amy Stewart (GCV Symposium speaker in Fredericksburg), Susan Harris from Maryland but originally from Richmond, Elizabeth Licata of Buffalo who hosted the last garden writers conference, and Michele Owens of NY. Very edgy blog. Nothing is off limits.
- Gardening While Intoxicated - Elizabeth Licata
One of the 4 garden 'ranters.'
- Lewis Ginter
- The Market at Grelen
- Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Real Dirt - Ken Druse
Author, radio show, podcast and interviews with interesting people.
- A Tidewater Gardener - Les Parks
Les is the manager of Smithfield Gardens. He blogs about gardens, plants and travels. He teaches master gardeners and has a local television spot on gardening tips.
- Transatlantic Gardener - Graham Rice
Author, horticulturist who lives in England and PA.
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
- The Virginia Living Home and Garden Blog
- Virginia State Arboretum at Blandy
- Virginia Tech Cooperative Extension
Diagnose diseases, identify pests, plants, trees, vegetables and more.